The office of deacon as set forth in Scripture is one of sympathy, witness, and service after the example of Jesus Christ. We would like to share with you our journey and reflect on our many accomplishments.
We are a group of people of great spiritual character and sincere compassion that minister to those in need, to the sick, to the friendless both within and beyond our community of faith.
We continue to send correspondence in the form of cards and notes to those who are ill, hospitalized, or a note of cheer. Email prayer chain (firstname.lastname@example.org) is managed by Pam Huddy and sent out weekly. Patti Ollendyke updates our care partners list which consists of people who are unable to attend church, recuperating at home, need a friendly visit, or perhaps needs a helping hand at home. This year we were blessed to go above and beyond the scope of our commitment as deacons and help not only our congregation, but for our neighborhoods and friends too.
Listed below are the many acts of kindness performed in 2019:
- April 16th Student goodie boxes were packed and mailed.
- May 18 Hosted the Mexican Consulate
- Christmas in July Prison Project.
- Assisted with Ushering at memorial services.
- October 11-12th Volunteered with Junk & Jewels set up, working, and baked goods.
- October 15th we collected and filled goodie boxes for college/military boxes
- Organized and Collected Angel Tree Gifts—We distributed 100 gifts.
- Assisted in collecting for Mitten Tree December 14.
- On December 21st we were able to pack and distribute 51 food boxes for families within our congregation and Outreach.
- Distribution of Christmas Poinsettias to our Care Partners, December 22rd.
- Hosted Fellowship Hour after Church on four Sunday’s.